Photo101: A pop of colour
The theme for day 11 in the photo101 course is a pop of colour. The following guidance is provided:
As you train your eye to look for color, keep it simple:
- Choose one bold color against a neutral background, instead of several colors competing for attention in a scene.
- Look for a strong color within a basic composition of uncomplicated lines — your pop of color will stand out more.
- Continue to experiment with light and POV as you shoot color-as-subject — the color may transform as you move.
- Don’t ignore soft, pastel shades — colors like mint and pink can make statements, too.
- Juxtapose pastels with black and darker shades.
When in doubt, pair an accent color with white — you’ll see its impact immediately.
I have selected three photos for this assignment – New Zealand, Antarctica and Nashville are represented in the images.